Long Term Conditions and Medicine Adherence Service
A long term condition (LTC) is often refer to as any long term reoccurring chronic health condition. They are usually complex, progress gradually and may require the use of multiple medicines to manage the condition. Long term conditions is a board term which include cardiovascular disease (e.g. stroke and heart failure), cancer, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, arthritis and musculoskeletal disease, and mental health problems.
At Eastmed Pharmacy, we offer a long term condition service which is designed for patients:
- Suffering from more than one chronic health conditions
- Taking multiple medications
- Taking medicines with high risk of adverse reaction or requires close monitoring (e.g. warfarin)
- Have been admitted to hospital within the past 3 months due to chronic health condition.
The service includes:
- Making sure you are taking the correct medicines at the correct dose
- Making sure your medicines run out at the same time
- The frequency of collecting your medicines can be adjusted to suit your situation (e.g. weekly, monthly collection)
- A medication chart which explains clearly all the medicines you are currently taking.
- Disposal of any unused medication.
- Regular contact with you.
If you feel you qualify for this service, please do not hesitate to contact one of our friendly pharmacist.