Here at Eastmed Pharmacy, we believe that preventative measures are the key to improve the health of all New Zealanders’. Hence, we offer several health check programmes:
Blood pressure monitoring service
- High blood pressure (hypertension) is one of the most common health conditions in developed countries. It affects up to 1 in 5 New Zealanders.
- High blood pressure usually has no signs or symptoms. Hence, it is also called a ‘silent killer’. Many people may not be aware that they have hypertension until the condition has progressively resulted in medical conditions such as:
- Heart attack
- Kidney failure
- Damage to the retina of the eye.
- For your piece of mind, act today and get your blood pressure checked with us. Our dedicated team of pharmacists will discuss and explain the results for you and suggest any lifestyle changes where appropriate.
Blood glucose monitoring service
- Diabetes is a result of your body not producing enough insulin to maintain your blood sugars within the normal range.
- You may have no symptoms for many years before diabetes is detected during a routine check up.
- The following are the common signs and symptoms of diabetes:
- Persistently feeling tired and/or lack of energy
- Frequently feeling thirsty
- Going to the toilet often
- Poor eyesight or blurred vision
- Often feeling hungry
- If you think you are experiencing the above symptoms or you have a family history of diabetes or heart disease, please talk to us. Our friendly pharmacist will perform a finger prick blood test and analyse your blood glucose reading for you.