Treatment of urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Urinary tract infections are one of the most common infections experienced by women. It can cause discomfort and if left untreated can lead to serious complications.
- Symptoms include painful urination, frequent urination and or urge to urinate.
- The most common bacteria causing UTIs is Escherichia coli and can be eradicated by a simple cause of antibiotic.
- If you suspect or experience bladder discomfort, make Eastmed Pharmacy your first point of contact for advice and treatment options. We have a fully trained and qualified pharmacist who is able to offer effective advice and prescribe antibiotic treatment when necessary.
Emergency Contraceptive Pill (ECP)
- All of our pharmacists are fully accredited to prescribe ECP and are available for consultation during business hours, with no appointment necessary.
- Click here for the facts about ECP that you should know.
- Vaginal thrush is one of the most common infections amongst women with more than half experiencing at least one bout of thrush in their lives. In most cases it develops with no apparent reason.
- Certain factors (such as recent antibiotic course) can trigger its development and if left untreated can cause significant discomfort.
- Sometimes making an appointment to see the doctor is not always possible or practical. A pharmacist is always available at Eastmed Pharmacy to consult and provide treatment options.